Thursday, November 20, 2008

1. Down - Roman Ruler

I have found a new hobby... for my brain.

CROSSWORD PUZZLES.

I have admired for many, many years my grandma's knack for crosswords. A visit to her home would find her working away at a new page. I would glance over her shoulder and read the list. I realized I fell into the "not so smart" category. Wondering many times how she got that answer?!?! So after 20 + years of watching, admiring, and studying her moves, I wanted my brain to have this hobby.

I stopped by one night and asked a few questions:

1) How did you get so smart? (I needed to know what I should do to prepare myself for the new hobby)

2) How long did it take you to get this good? (this answer lets me know my brain will be having this hobby for quite sometime.)

3) Can you teach me what you know? (she agreed)

I learned a few tricks, and practiced a few times with her assistance.

Each visit brought me back to the table working hard to figure out the answers.

Then one day after work I received a gift.
This gift was perfect "ALL EASY CROSSWORDS".
A book all to myself.
From my teacher.
I have worked through a couple of pages, I will admit I still need help, but I shall persevere!!
Thanks Grandma for supporting my brain hobby!!

Answer: Nero

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love an easy crossword puzzle!