Friday, March 18, 2011

The New Addition

Monday morning around 12:00 am I began to have small contractions.
I was so ready for her to be here that I did not think anything of them.
If I got to excited I knew it would have been braxton hicks and leave shortly.
1:30-2:00 I was waken by more contractions, this time they seemed a little bit different.
And they lasted until about 8:00 am. They were manageable and I could rest in between them.
Once 8 am came around the contractions again changed, more pain and less rest :).
These lasted until 1:00pm. Scott was great and helped me to cope during them.
After receiving some very wise advice we called the midwife. She said to come in the office.
I was a first time mom and said I was in labor, they thought I would need to go back home after being checked. The whole drive over I was very nervous that I was only a few centimeters dilated. We arrived, got checked and to my surprise I was 9 centimeters and almost fully effaced.
We were sent to the hospital right across the street, they broke my water and I labored for a few more hours. The midwife on call decided I needed pitocin to help me dilate completely. She called the nurse to give me an IV and then she left for the next midwife to start her rotation.
The nurse came in to start the IV but was called out to the nurse station. She was gone for about 45 mins and the new midwife came in. I asked her to check me and I was at a 10 and fully effaced. I was so happy no medicine!! So then it was time to push and after one hour we had a beautiful baby girl. I was very grateful to have the birth plan that I wanted and could not have done any of it with out Mr. Reed!!

She is a keeper!!

Rossi Allison Reed
March 14th, 2011
8 pounds 6 ounces
19.5 inches long


Proud Dad

Realizing who her parents were and this was her expression :).

Couldn't you just eat her?

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh those cheeks! I COULD eat them! She's beautiful! I'm glad the delivery went well. If you are still interested in us doing your newborn photography, let me know. I hope all is well in the Reed household. Enjoy your little one!!! She will grow so fast, so savor every moment.

Kelly said...

She is beautiful!!!

Reed's Rat Race said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I wish we could be there to celebrate her arrival! Take tons of pictures for us and give her lots of love and kisses from the T&A Reed clan!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! She's already got adorably chubby cheeks :)

I'm impressed that you labored at 9cm for that long without meds.

Susie said...

Kimberly! She is beautiful! Yes, I could eat her. She's just a beautiful baby. Congratulations to you and Scott. I hope to meet her in person very soon!